Pastor's Page 2019-07-14
Jul 11, 2019
- How time have flight by … It’s not been that long, but it’s ONE YEAR Anniversary of the death of a very long-time parish staff of St. Gabriel Parish – Judy Ricciardi, wife of Deacon John - who had worked at St. Gabriel Parish for a total of 31 years. Most of everyone in our parish had met and knew Judy and relied on her for many years. We, indeed, have missed her presence, dedication and many gifts not only at the parish office but many different ministries that Judy has involved and mastered for our parish community over the last 31 years.
Deacon John and his family are invited everyone to a Mass of Judy’s first anniversary of her death at 11:00 AM on Saturday, July 20 at St. Gabriel Church and with a reception to follow.
Again, our deepest condolences to Deacon John and all of his family on this first anniversary of Judy’s death; we thank God for the gift of Judy’s life and ministry to God’s people here at St. Gabriel and continue to pray for her soul, her family and the seeds of ministry that she has started will continue to bear fruits in the future.
- This 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time, once again, we encounter Luke’s Gospel story in chapter 10:25-37. It is powerful, for it speaks of the power of love that transcends all creeds and cultures and "creates" a neighbor out of a complete stranger. The parable is personal, for it describes with profound simplicity the birth of a human relationship that has a personal, physical touch, transcending social and culture, as one person binds the wounds of another. The parable is a pastoral, for it is filled with the mystery of care and concern that is at the heart of what is best in human beings. The story is primarily practical, for it urges us to cross all barriers of culture and community and to go and do likewise!
- Summer activities in our parish are also reminding us with program for children in Summer Vacation Bible School at St. Gabriel Parish.
Vacation Bible School at St. Gabriel Parish is open for children age Pre-K through 6th grade this coming week: From Monday July 22 to Friday July 26. The schedule each day begins with - 5:30 PM (optional dinner for kids and families) and 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM (program for the day). For more information, please call Religious Education Office (360) 876-2834.
- It’s not too late to participate in the Annual Catholic Appeal this year; please see the reporting through the indication with the “thermometer” in the entrance of the Church for the update. “Thank You” for many families who continue to support our parish in the Annual Catholic Appeal this year by turning in your envelops already”; please join with your fellow parishioners to support the ACA by returning your completed envelops. Any amount, small or large, will help our parish goal.
- A big word of THANK to the 25th Year of Anniversary Committee and particularly to the Marian Garden Committee and those who are actively work on this project. Every week, as we come to worship at Prince of Peace, we see the project is taking shape and the progress is tremendously exciting and visible. Let’s pay attention and be careful around the working area. Thank you.
- While enjoying the “summer rest”, please don’t forget our parishes – Prince of Peace and St. Gabriel.
Fr. Phuong Hoang