MINISTRY OF HOSPITALITY
Ushers and Greeters are called to be Ministers of Hospitality. They are entrusted with promoting a sense of welcoming and belonging to all the faithful assembled for worship. They are the first point of contact for the communal celebration of the Liturgy and because of this, should take special steps in being living representatives of the Parish Mission Statement. Ministers of Hospitality minister to the entire community in a very active way. By freeing each person of their own personal impediments to the Mass through a welcoming atmosphere, ministers of hospitality take an active role in enabling each person to come to a freer expression of God in the Liturgy.
Hospitality Ministry at Prince of Peace Catholic Church
- Friendly towards all ages and nationalities.
- Provides handouts and bells and candles at special Masses.
- Alerts the Eucharistic ministers to bring communion to anyone who can’t come up on their own to receive it.
- Answers questions.
- Arrive 25 minutes before mass.
- On-the-job training provided by an experienced greeter.
For more information contact the Parish Office (360) 275-8760