HAPPY PENTECOST … HAPPY BIRTHDAY OF THE CHURCH …
Come Holy Spirit – Renew the face of the Earth and renew the Church.
- When the event of Pentecost occurred over 2000 years ago, the apostles were transformed by their “encounter with the Holy Spirit”. They were changed “spiritually”; the gifts of the Holy Spirit are given in order to build the Church on earth, so that the members of the Church might reach Heaven one day. Paul describes the Mystical Body of Christ this way: “There are different works but the same God who accomplishes all of them in every one. To each person the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.” To each person, the Holy Spirit is given for the sake of service: “for the common good”, in the words of St. Paul.
- With great sadness, I want to pass on the news from the family that Norma Snow, one of the pioneers of St. Gabriel Parish and a longest tenure as a Religious Education Director, had passed away this past week. Perhaps, many of you at Prince of Peace Parish had served or teach with her and remembering her devoted faith and her love to share Jesus with others. Truly, it’s great loss for her family and our two parish communities.
How difficult it is to mourn for a loved one who died and gather to celebrate her Life at this time because of limited numbers and social distancing at work; so, her family has decided, for now, to have a Gravesite Service and Burial with close family members. Please pray for the repose of the soul of Norma, in gratitude for the gift of life, and along with her husband Ray (who died a few years ago) that truly enriched our parish communities in many ways.
- Good News … Archbishop Etienne will ordain Deacon Thomas Tran to the Priesthood this coming Saturday, June 6. Unfortunately, because of the limited number in gathering and social distancing, there only a small number at the Ordination Mass but it will be livestream recording. Newly ordained, Fr. Thomas Tran, will be assigned as Parochial Vicar (Assistant) to St. Martin of Tours in Fife and All Saints in Puyallup.
- “A word of thanks” to the many families who have pledged and turned in your commitment envelopes to the Parish or Archdiocesan Office to support the Annual Catholic Appeal again this year 2020. Your continued support is a testimony of the commitment for us to be “Church” today in our time. If you didn’t have an opportunity of filling your commitment envelope, please join with many of your parishioners to pledge toward our parish goal. Please see the bulletin to see how close we are to meet our parish personal goal.
- Congratulation to Auxiliary Bishop Daniel H. Mueggenborg in his 3-years anniversary of Episcopal Ordination and Ministry in our Archdiocese and many of you on a bus trip to Seattle and were there for his Ordination at St. James Cathedral. May the Lord continue to bless you, Bishop Mueggenborg and enriching your life and your ministry among us.
- May the Joy and Blessing of the Feast of Pentecost (the birthday of the Church) continue to help us actively involve us in the Ministry of Jesus and His Church today!
Fr. Phuong Hoang